Overview of the Application Review Service
The Application Review Service (the “Review Service”) is a limited legal service. The Review Service is limited to the work described in the “What Is Included” section.
By limiting the scope of the legal services provided as part of the Review Service, we are able to provide an affordable option for the services listed below. The limited nature of the Review Service means that we will only be assisting you with part of your case and you will be doing part of your case on your own.
What Is Included
As part of the Review Service, the Schaefer Law Firm will conduct an in-depth review of the application package that you have completed on your own. After reviewing the application package, the Schaefer Law Firm will prepare a written report with recommendations or suggestions related to your application. The written report will be forwarded to you so that you can review it.
The Review Service also includes the opportunity to ask any questions you have about the written report that you receive. In addition, help desk support is also provided to answer questions about the general process related to your immigration case. The ongoing help desk support is limited to the part of the immigration process that is the focus of the application review and does not include support for other or future parts of your immigration journey.
The application review and the written report will be limited to the information that you provide to us. We will assume that the information you provide to us is factually correct and will not conduct an independent investigation of the information that you provide to us.
Our application review services include the review of the following applications based on the Review Service purchased:
Adjustment of Status Review Service. Includes the review of a single adjustment of status application including the following forms as needed: I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-765, I-131, I-864, and any needed public charge forms. Also includes a review of the supporting documents for these forms and guidance on preparing for your interview.
Citizenship Review Service. Includes the review of a single N-400 application for naturalization, including any supporting documents for the N-400 form. Also includes guidance on preparing for your interview.
DACA Review Service. Includes the review of a single DACA application, including the following forms as needed: I-821D, I-765, I-765W. Also includes a review of the supporting documents for these forms.
Fiance Visa – I-129F Review Service. Includes the review of a single I-129F petition as part of a fiance visa case, including any supporting documents for the I-129F form.
Fiance Visa – K-1 Visa Consular Application. Includes the review of a single K-1 visa consular application as part of a fiance visa case, including the DS-160 form, I-134 form, and the supporting documents for the K-1 visa application. Also includes guidance on preparing for your interview.
Immigrant Visa – I-130 Petition. Includes the review of a single I-130 petition as part of an immigrant visa case, including any supporting documents for the I-130 form.
Immigrant Visa – NVC and Consular Processing. Includes the review of a single NVC application as part of an immigrant visa case, including any supporting documents for the NVC application. An NVC application includes the DS-260 form, the affidavit of support forms, the required civil documents, and any needed public charge forms.
Immigration Waiver Application. Includes the review of a single I-601 or I-601A application, including any supporting documents for the waiver application, including an in-depth review of any hardship letters.
Removal of Conditions Application. Includes the review of a single I-751 petition to remove conditions, including any supporting documents for the I-751 form.
What Is Not Included
To help clarify what is included in the Review Service, we would like to highlight some of the tasks that are not included in the Review Service:
- Legal analysis of your qualifications related to your immigration application
- Ongoing legal consultations or assistance with your case after the completion of the application review, except for providing general guidance through the Immigration Coach help desk ticket system
- Ongoing access to Schaefer Law Firm attorneys to ask questions
- Updates or advice on changes in immigration law that could impact your specific case, except for providing general guidance through the Immigration Coach help desk ticket system
- Assistance with responding to any Requests for Evidence or other correspondence from USCIS or the Department of State
- Assistance with correcting or updating your application forms or supporting documents
- Analysis of complex legal issues such as the immigration consequences of criminal convictions or how past immigration violations may impact your options
- Interview preparation or attendance at your interview
- Advice or consultations related to immigration court proceedings
Submission Of Your Immigration Application For Review
As part of the Review Service, you will prepare your immigration application. When you believe that your application is ready to be submitted to the government, you will submit a copy to us to review. You will submit your application through your Immigration Coach online account.
In the event that you cannot submit a copy of your completed application to us using your Immigration Coach online account, you should contact us for guidance on how to submit your application to us by mail, fax, or in person.
SPECIAL NOTE: WE WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO REVIEW YOUR APPLICATION AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. IN MOST CASES, WE WILL COMPLETE OUR REVIEW WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS.
If you need your application to be reviewed more quickly than two business days, please contact us to see if we can expedite the review of your application.
You can request a refund of your Review Service fee within 30 days of purchasing the review service. However, because we will begin reviewing your application package as soon as you submit it to us, no refunds will be provided after you submit your application package for our review.
The Schaefer Law Firm will observe strict confidentiality in relation to all information and documents shared with it as part of the Review Service.
We guarantee that the Schaefer Law Firm will conduct an in-depth review of your immigration application package that you submit to us. We guarantee that we will use our best professional judgment in the review of your immigration application package.
However, we cannot guarantee that your immigration application will be approved by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) or by the Department of State. There are several reasons why it is impossible for us to guarantee that your application will be approved:
- Immigration law and policies change on a frequent basis. Because we have no control over potential changes in the law or immigration policies, we cannot guarantee that there won’t be any future changes that could impact the outcome of your case.
- We have no control or influence over the decisions made by USCIS immigration officers or by Department of State consular officers. Therefore, it is impossible for us to guarantee what decision they will make.
- Sometimes new issues in your situation or qualifications will come up after we have completed our review of your application. This makes it impossible for us to guarantee what decision the government will make on your case.
- We can only advise you based on the information included in the package you submit to us for review. There may be information that is not included in your package or that you do not advise us about. Immigration law is very fact-specific, so even small omissions in the information we have available to review could make an important difference in your case.